Re: compiling GNOME after CVS update

Andrew Clausen wrote:

> I wrote a PERL script to compile my newly updated CVS respository.  Does
> this look right?  (Note:
> it's run as root)
>
> The reason I ask is that lots of things seem to be broken that no-ones
> complaining about.  I just added "make distclean" (untested).  Will this
> help?
>
> #! /usr/bin/perl
>
> @compile_list = (
>   "ORBit",
>   "imlib",
>   "glib",
>   "gtk+",
>   "gtk--",
>   "gnome-libs",
>   "gnome-objc",
>   "gnome-core",
>   "gnome-guile",
>   "gnome-admin",
>   "gnome-games",
>   "gnome-media",
>   "gnome-network",
>   "gnome-utils",
>   "ee",
>   "audiofile",
>   "atech",
>   "achtung",
>   "form-maker",
>   "ggv",
>   "gnome-http",
>   "gimp"
> );

I think the compile_list needs some reordering. Complie glib, gtk+ first. Then
imlib, ORBit.

> for (@compile_list) {
>   print "\n";
>   print "-" x 60, "\n";
>   print "MAKING AND INSTALLING $_...\n";
>   print "-" x 60, "\n";
>
>   system "su - gnomecvs -c \"cd $_; make distclean; ./autogen.sh
> --prefix=/usr/local; make\"";
>   system "cd ~gnomecvs/$_; make install; /sbin/ldconfig";
> }

This will run make if autogen failed and it will run make install even if make
failed. Try to replace ; with && like this:

   system "su - gnomecvs -c \"cd $_; make distclean; ./autogen.sh
 --prefix=/usr/local && make && make install && /sbin/ldconfig"";

I'm sure, but I think all packages except glib and gtk+ will also need
--with-gtk-prefix=/usr/local.

HTH,
Johan

--
| Johan Groth           | jgroth(at)xpress.se                   |