Re: gnome install problem: libjpeg.so.62

The problem can be fixed by downloading all those updated packages from
the redhat errata list, or you can use this simple fix.

As root, do the following:
  cd /usr/lib
  gcc -shared -o libjpeg.so.62 -Wl,-soname,libjpeg.so.62 -ljpeg
  ln -sf libjpeg.so.62 libjpeg.so
  ldconfig

This will create a new library (libjpeg.so.62) that is dynamically linked
against the libjpeg that comes with RH5.1.  This way all the dependencies
are settled, and you haven't had to download all those updated packages.
Also, it only uses up an extra 3K of disk space :)

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/