Re: gnome-session problem

Poz> I've got a few problems with getting gnome-session to start. I've
Poz> compiled everything up without problems, and tried several ways
Poz> of getting gnome-session to work properly. It seems to start
Poz> icewm and gnome-smproxy OK, but not panel, gnome-help-browser or
Poz> gmc. The latter 3 progs can be started individually however. I'm
Poz> running the latest releases of the gnome package. (gnome-core
Poz> v0.28-1, gnome-libs v0.27, gnome-utilities v0.28, etc.)

At least one version of the gnome-libs had a bug that prevented
programs from working under the session manager.  I'm afraid I don't
know much more about it than this.

Maybe you could make a stack trace for one of the failing programs?

The behavior you see is consistent with this problem.  The reason is
that neither icewm nor gnome-smproxy use the Gnome libs.

Tom