Re: game programming

   HI!

On Mon, Aug 24, 1998 at 10:34:41PM +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> > I solved it entierly different than you suggested. Instead of using two
> > threads, I use two orinary processes wich communicate over CORBA.
> >
> > So you specify the interface of your gaming engine in CORBA-idl and
> > implement it as CORBA-objects. Then you let your GUI communicate with
> > your gaming engine.
>
> hmm. but if the GUI is "the master", it need's to poll the game engine
> "is there anything i can do for you ?". how can i do that
> (preferable, without rewriting whole gtk_main) ?

For mico at least I have seen Gtk CORBA support, so you can just define
some objects in your GUI codespace which can be called (called back)
from the engine, same thing goes other way 'round.

I am sure if you prefer ORBit, there must be something similar there.

Both somehow replace gtk_main, I guess, so there is no need of doing
evil hacks due to that, you can just stick to the standard way the
ORB provides to do this.

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan@space.twc.de (PGP!), Freiburg/Germany