Re: Sound in GNOME

Michal> Here is what I was talking about yesterday. The attached
Michal> archive contains a proposal of support of sound events in
Michal> GNOME.  For now its functionality isn't complete (see TODO in
Michal> gnome-sound.c) but I'm posting that to have the whole matter
Michal> discussed.

I finally looked at this.

I think it has some problems.  The biggest problem is that it doesn't
use Esound, which it should.  Perhaps it should arrange to preload the
stock sounds into Esound at startup.

I think ideally this code would hook into whatever command structure
is created in Gnome (see earlier discussions about representing menus
key bindings using abstract commands).

Actually, what I'd really like to see is a general event mechanism,
with the sound-playing program being just one consumer of many.

Tom