Re: Gnome apps & internationalisation

>> bindtextdomain (PACKAGE, GNOMELOCALEDIR);
>> textdomain (PACKAGE);
John> I noticed that these two lines both generate warnings:

John> gcc -g -Wall -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include  -c gstripchart.c -o
John> gstripchart.o
John> gstripchart.c: In function `main':
John> gstripchart.c:1107: warning: statement with no effect
John> gstripchart.c:1108: warning: statement with no effect

John> Is this normal, or an indication that something is not right?

If you are building without the gettext facilities, bindtextdomain()
and textdomain() are defined to be empty.  That way you can write the
same code and have it work whether or not gettext is available.

See gnome-i18n.h for the details.

So the answer is: this situation is "normal" in a sense.

Tom