Re: Does your gmc do this too?

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Robert Soros wrote:

> I have the exact same problem as you do.. and trust me , I dont have
> any crap libraries hanging around :-) (spent 9 hours the other
> cleaning the whole system up, reinstalling everything and then double
> checking my libs, because i know they can cause a LOT of
> F*R*U*S*T*R*A*T*I*O*N)
>
> > I just grabbed the newest rpms for gnome and gmc and I wonder
> > if I've got some lingering crap libraries or something that cause
> > this problem in gmc.  In the "big icon" mode, all seems well
> > In the "small icon" mode, it won't let me select files with the
> > mouse.  It will put an outline around a file, but when I double
> > click it just changes the directory.

this should actually be happening to everybody. it's been a problem for me
ever since lars did the new selection work on gtk-1.1.x's clist. i suspect
that gmc isn't setting the selection mode for that clist at all. to get the
functionality we had before the clist changes, i think GTK_SELECTION_BROWSE
wouild work.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |