Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-core martin

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Gnome CVS User wrote:

> To: cvs-commits-list@gnome.org
> Subject: GNOME CVS: gnome-core martin
> From: Gnome CVS User <gnomecvs@cvs.labs.redhat.com>
>
> CVSROOT:	/cvs/gnome
> Module name:	gnome-core
> Changes by:	martin	98/08/20 10:56:38
>
> Modified files:
> 	panel          : ChangeLog orbit-applet-lib.c
>
> Log message:
> 1998-08-20  Martin Baulig  <martin@home-of-linux.org>
>
> * orbit-applet-lib.c (gnome_panel_applet_register): Don't
> CORBA_free () the ior since it is needed when a new instance
> of a multiapplet is started.

This will fix the core dump of the panel when you start a new instance
of a multiapplet.

Basically, you can now start a second instance of a multiapplet - if you
debug this applet you'll see that all the callbacks of the applet are
called twice with two different objects and you'll also see that this are
this are the objects created in make_new_applet ().

However, the second one does not appear on the panel.

Well, not really - if you move the first applet so far left that there is
no space between it and the one left from it (or the menu) and then start
the second instance you'll see that the first instance moves about 1 or
2 millimeters to the right - just as it would make space for an invisible
applet 1 millimeter in width ...

Perhaps it just doesn't get the correct resize event.

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier

   baulig@castor.uni-trier.de, http://www.home-of-linux.org/
   Key: 1024-bit key with ID C8178435 created 1997/01/24
   ID:  67 C1 84 A0 47 F5 11 C5  5F 68 4C 84 99 05 C3 92
   Finger me for public key or fetch finger.txt from the url above