Documentation Proposal

I have a proposal that would involve making all our documentation more
centralized in GNOME. I propose that we create a GNOME-DOC cvs module that
contains all the entitys and a catalog file. Our documents in the
individual cvsmodules would be placeholders for these entitys and include
the ones that we feel are apropriate. This modular approche makes it
easier to referens and update parts of the documentation without loosing
other parts. Things that I would propose go into the central document
module would be the GPL entity, About entity (for each document, purpose,
...) well, I guess most people have a good enough imagination to see the
benefits of the more centralized approach to documentation. The drawbacks
would be that packages like gEdit that are not a GNOME only package would
depend on a GNOME cvs module. This could be solved by the people
packaging gEdit for use without GNOME.

So, what do you think?

Martin

Martin Wahlén		Sound Foundation Inc.	    tel.    (613) 563-2226
mwahlen@soundfound.com  152 Hawthorne Ave.          fax.    (613) 563-2228
www.soundfound.com      K1S 0B3