RE: Sound in Gtk

>On Wed, Aug 19, 1998 at 10:08:05PM +0200, yiyus wrote:
>> This is a proposal for Gtk, I know I should send it to the Gtk list, but
>> am not subscribed and I can't manage more mail. If somebody could fwd it,
>> please...
>> The first one: wouldn't it be good to have an e-mail to send proposal?
>> Something as a wishlist, I know I am not the first person who do this in
the
>> bad way.
>> And my idea: what about have sound support in Gtk? Something to make some
>> noise when you press a button or slide an scroll bar, similar to sounds
in
>> E. I am not a good developer and know very few, but it doesn't look very
>> difficult. The problem could be the speed in Gtk if it has to do sound,
but
>> I don't see any problem with E. And having sound in the Gtk themes would
be
>> really pretty.
>> Ok, here's my proposal. I would like to know something more to do it, but
>> can't. Though if somebody starts with it I can continue if it is routine
>> (e.g. doing the same in all the widgets).
>
>if you were going to implement it, you would likely want to :
>
>1) make it 100% compiletime optional
>2) make it use esound.
>3) make it runtime optional.
>
>enlightenment has all 3 of these things.  I personally don't like having my
>computer beeping at me all the time.  but other people like that so....

I would like it to be so, for reasons all we know. Thought I don't think I
can do it. I am starting with all this. I am a bad developer, but if you
think it isn't very difficult to port it from enlightenment to Gtk, just
tell me what I have to read or what ever thing and I will try it.

- yiyus
http://web.jet.es/jg_yiyus/