ANNOUNCE: gBibTeX 0.0.2 alpha

gBibTeX: An interactive BibTeX database manager

This program allows you to create and edit entries for a BibTeX
bibliography database in a friendly way. Optionally you can use it to
insert citations inside a LyX document (see http://www.lyx.org).

Initially I wrote this program in a rush. I had to write a paper and the
old tools I used to manage bibtex databases didn't work any more (I don't
use neither xview nor olwm since years ago). Barracuda did work, but I had
to rewrite a patch I lost to make it work with LyX, so I decided that it
was time to write my first gnome application. So the first alpha release
was a mess of C, C++, STL, scheme to define the entry types, etc.

The code of this second ALPHA release is still a mess, but several bugs
has been fixed and a couple of features has been added to make it more
usable.

To insert citations in a LyX document, verify that LyX is running before
to click on the lyx button. The LyX server must be enabled (just add the
line \serverpipe "/home/YOUR_USERNAME/.lyxpipe" in your lyxrc).

Requirements to compile this program:

* g++

* The development libraries of Gnome (2.0) and GTK+.

* libguile.

News:

* Fixed a stupid bug to allow reading fields delimited with quotes. Now
  gbibtex is able to read files with the fields delimited by either quotes
  or braces. Barracuda only can read those separated by quotes.

* It's possible to select the type of delimiters to write for the entry
  fields, either quotes or braces.

* New scheme function to define the styles available in your system
  (see stdbib.scm).

* It's possible to select the bibtex style you want to use in your
  document. This is in the options menu, perhaps will be moved to the lyx
  dialog.

* Before to save automatically add the suffix .bak to the original db.

Get the source from ftp://modelos1.atmosfcu.unam.mx/pub/gbib.tgz.
Comments and patches to asierra@servidor.unam.mx.

Copyright: This program is Copylefted to Alejandro Aguilar Sierra
<asierra@servidor.unam.mx> under the terms of the GNU General Public
Licence version 2 or later.