Re: [Summary] Meta-data/filesystem-encapsulation

> I would suggest doing what you say. You want to setup icons based on
> filetypes in some registry. So for example, there would be an API to
> 'add this icon for this mime/type" and a Gnome UI would talk to that
> API. That api would write some file somewhere.. but it dosn't matter
> where, and NOBODY should be touching that file except the shlib which
> implements that code.

This is the approach I am leaning toward for the file manager.

As we might want to have per-file icons (for say: having a quick
representation of the contents stored in an image created by gimp), I
might as well support direcotry containers that would include the
information and thier metadata inside (like Next).

Miguel.