Re: GTK+ Themes

> On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Lars Torben Wilson wrote:
> ] > doing it?
> ]I just had my nightly run get the newest cvs, autogen.sh, compile &
> ]install; then I copied gtk+/gtk/testgtkrc to /usr/local/share/gtkrc
> ]and after some very minor editing it worked. I don't guess you need to
> ]do too much more than that. :)
>
>  Apropos themes. I think we are searching for Rasterman's grandiozz theme
> for gtk and gnome from http://www.labs.redhat.com/themes.shtml ...
>  Anyone saw _that_ theme somewhere? Or say me how can I change the buttons
> with pixmaps like he? (I looked at the source, couldn't found the way..)
>  Is there any way? I done some rc, where i used the
>  bg_pixmap[], the bg[], and the base[] rc tags with success.
>  Other ways to make a good-looking desktop? (I gonna change that ungly
>  OK-Apply-Close-Help buttons, if it was possible, too)

well, for some reason, the pixmap_path on my install doesn't work. so just
copy the files from pixmap_theme_data into ~/themes for now. then edit
the 'engine' statement in testgtkrc like so:

engine "pixmap"
{
}

and make sure all of the pixmap definitions are in the "..."
testgtkrc explains it all
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |