Re: An answer to metadata, complete.

>-) Is GNOME to be more or less a compromise with existing Unix traditions?
>   Then meta data could be a problem.

Is someone seriously proposing changing the way Unix does files for a
nice GUI? That seems very unlikely to me.

>Actually, I think that file metadata has many benefits:

It's a nice thing, but Unix just doesn't have it. The MacOS model of
files is really quite nice, but if you take a look at how well it
interoperates with flat file systems like Unix and Win95 you'll
quickly be scared away from trying to integrate metadata with Unix.