Re: Mouse & Keyboard properties... copy KDE

On Wed, 12 Aug, 1998, Adam Chodorowski wrote:
> Anyway, you could make it extendable. First, you would strip the
> properties-apps from the click-tabs and the OK/Apply/Exit buttons.
> Then, you would make a different properties-app that just has the
> click-tabs and OK/Apply/Exit buttons. It could then "swallow"
> the other properties-apps in the same way the panel does.
> Whoila! You've got an extensible properties-dialog!
> The main app would ofcourse need to signal the swallowed apps that
> the user "wants to save now" and such.
>
> Any thoughts?

Take a look at the control panel in KDE, all programs register there
preferences with it and it displays them a swallowing window, with a tree on
the left to choose the settings, not click-tabs. There goes somemore screen
space I suppose, but otherwise it is quite nice. Note the intergration, it has
all the settings boxes from all the KDE apps, not just mouse keyboard and
desktop settings. Maybe instead of swallow using CORBA or is that to far?

--
Edward Betts