RE: Menu items with icons

My thoughts right now are that the idea of putting all functions related
to the function as a whole under a single menu is a very good.  But why
would that deserve to be called to GNOME menu?  That just doesn't make
sense, becuae it _ISN'T_ the gnome menu... it has nothing to do with
GNOME as a whole.  It is quite clearly application specific.  Calling it
the GNOME menu (or lableing it with a foot icon) would make the user
think that this where they would go to affect GNOME settings, when in
reality it is not.  If this is an attempt at mimicing the Apple menu, it
is missing the point, because the apple menu affects system wide things
(control panel, etc.) where as the GNOME/Program menu does not (but then
again, maybe noone was implying this).

Josh