Re: Making GNOME apps run outside of GNOME

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Andrew Clausen wrote:

> I've just joined the audiotechque list, and there seems to be a problem
> making atech run without gnome.  It seems to me that the problem is in
> app/at_view.c.  It has:
>
> #include <gnome.h>
>
> ...no ifdefs.  It then uses functions like:
>
> gnome_app_new()
> gnome_app_create_menus()
>
> How do you make this work outside GNOME?

you've got to have the gnome-libs to make gnome_app_new() work.  There's
not really any way around this fact.  You can always statically link
your app, or you can tell people to install gnome-libs.

I rarely run KDE, but I keep their libraries installed so that I can
run klyx.  Without the KDE libraries, klyx just won't run, and I can't
maintain the FAQ.  Same situation here.

--
Todd Graham Lewis                                     (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net