Re: panel and ORBit Problems

Martin Baulig <martin@home-of-linux.org> writes:
> Well, I don't have HPUX nor do I know anything about it, but nevertheless
> some comments ...
>
> On 12 Aug 1998, Sebastien Carpe wrote:
> > That wasn't as easy as i exspected, since i'm on a HPUX 9.05, not
> > Linux at all, and even a quite old system (since i've seen strange
> > things in it - like variable presentce in libs but no declaration in
> > corresponding include... Oh well.... *sigh* -)
> >
> > Here are a few things i met ... I've had bad times about some code,
> > here is what i remembered :
> > - In ORBit, there's a call to getcwd with (NULL,0) as argument. On my
> > system, that means get current directory, do a malloc of _0_ char
> > maximum to place the resulting directory ... hum hum ... Function
>
> Bad. Is there any way to tell your getcwd to malloc as much memory as
> needed or to get the length of the result ?
>
> > called 'get_full_path' (get etag to track down)
> > - gnomesupport.h wasn't present, i had to do some awk stuff to get
>
> This is correct. But this `awk stuff' should normally be done
> automatically so I guess this hasn't worked for any reason.

Yep.  This is the second report I've got that BUILT_SOURCES doesn't
work.  Were you (i.e. Sebastien) using GNU make or another?

> > one. but after that, for some reason, dirent got redefined to direct,
>
> Hari, you seem to have done this on Apr 13 (from the ChangeLog) - was this
> simly a typo or did you have some reason ?

I was following the suggestion on autoconf.info, for the result of
AC_HEADER_DIRENT.

> > and i had to replace 'include "dirent.h"' with 'include "ndir.h"' in a
> > few places to avoid prototype collision on stuff like 'readdir' and some
> > others...
>
> You mean your system has a "dirent.h" which doesn't work ? - it seems like
> "ndir.h" gets included when there is no "dirent.h".

Yes, wierd.  You have dirent.h, but you still get #define dirent direct.
Can you also send me your config.h/config.log.

- Hari