Re: Changing mousepointer...

> >>The problem is that this only applies to the root window.
> >This is true; however (and as I mentioned), there are other programs which
> >extend this, such as the animated cursors program.
>
> Every program can choose its own cursor. Maybe it'd be nice to have
> some GNOME support for user preferences in individual applications,
> and leave it up to the panel or the window manager to set the default
> cursor?

Yep, that would be nice. You could implement it in the same way the
other GNOME properties are implemented (for example the options for
the menus etc.). That way, all GNOME compliant apps would use the
same cursor images.
And a GNOME compliant window-manager should also use these properties
for the root-window.

--
Adam Chodorowski (archmage@earthdome.com)