Re: Changing mousepointer...

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > > not really.  or at least I do not know of any way to do so.
> >
> > "man xsetroot"
> >
> > 	 -cursor cursorfile maskfile
>
> The problem is that this only applies to the root window.

This is true; however (and as I mentioned), there are other programs which
extend this, such as the animated cursors program.

From a quick net search:

xacursor-1.0        Set an animated cursor in a window
xancur-1.4          X11 root cursor animation program
xaniroc-1.02        Yet another animated root cursor

Maybe none of these are appropriate, but I'm sure one must exist...

--
Christopher Curtis               - http://www.ee.fit.edu/users/ccurtis
Florida Institute of Technology  - System Administrator, Programmer