gnome output

Hi out there,

while I run X and Gnome, there are a lot of messages from applications and from gnome itself. These messages were outputed on the terminal, on which I started my X server, which I don't know to reach, while X is running ...

Is there a way, to get this messages displayed on a window at the gnome desktop ?

Thanks in advance for any tips ...
Ciao,
Joerg