Re: gnome-session forgetful?

>>  There is a file named /usr/share/default.session.

>>   If i type my windowmanager in place of icewm (or I left the
>>  icewm) at first run the gnome-session gets from that file, what
>>  can it run, so the windowmanager will run (at first time).

>>   But the windowmanager pass out of mind, somehow.

This means your window manager is not session aware.  There's nothing
the session manager can do about this -- the problem is in your wm.

>>  I don't wanna make .xinitrc file longer than "gnome-session",
>>  because the logout function will not work, if I run the winmanager
>>  separated.

Logout will still work as long as gnome-session is the last thing run
in your .xinitrc.

You can also give gnome-session a list of programs to run every time
it starts up.  Use the session-properties program to do this.  For
instance, you could put a non-SM-aware window manager in this list.

Tom