Re: Changing mousepointer...

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Gregory McLean wrote:

> Actually its GDK that has the cursor control..
>
> see gdk/gdkcursors.h to see which ones it knows about.

It doesn't have control, it just has the stuff you need to create one and
set it for a window. Gtk decides what cursor to set for a window, e.g. an
I-bar for a text entry. Changing Gdk shouldn't be needed. On the Gtk level
you'd have to create an abstraction for getting the appropriate cursor for
a particular semantic category ("editables,"  "normal," etc.). Right now
GtkEntry for example is hardcoded to use the GDK_XTERM cursor, but you'd
want to be able to use a pixmap cursor instead so the user could edit it.

Not that I'm going to do this, I don't think it would be that cool. :-)
But if someone wanted to I guess that's what they'd have to do.

Havoc