Re: gnome-db 0.2 is ready

Sven wrote:

> >    duplication. The Driver Manager has to access a ini file which is
> >    in the infamous MS INI file syntax (same as the gnome ini
> >    files). Either write another parser or use the Gnome parser.
>
> i hate to read that, in the end, gnome will finish with a lot of .ini file
> (you should have used another format i think) and will be quite unmanageable.

Actually, why not use Guile? That is, use the way Guile represents data
and then
use Guile to parse it. It DOES say on the GNOME homepage that Guile
should extend
programs, so I think it would be nice. It's a good thing to keep the
number of
different file-formats used by GNOME as low as possible.

--
Adam Chodorowski (archmage@earthdome.com)