Re: library problems w/ RH5.1

    M> We are aware of this issue.  We more than likely will be
    M> hacking libtool to provide dependencies as well.

I am sure this is your plan, but I want to make sure: if you hack
libtool, please try to coordinate the solution to repair interlibrary
dependencies for _all_ unicies and not just Linux (libtool is meant to
be a portable system for creating shared libraries for all unicies).
Since libtool development seems to have been coordinated closely with
Guile development for loadable module support, the Guile developers
may have some ideas about how this can be accomplished (or maybe not,
since the interlibrary dependency problem has been around for a long
time now).

--
Christopher Lee
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~chrislee