Re: PROPOSAL: Let's count ourselves

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, David Abilleira Freijeiro wrote:

>Beat Christen wrote:
>>
>> I am still working on my nifty Timezone utility, featuring 3D globes
>> produced with xearth.
>> (http://www.longstreet.ch/asclock/timezone_properties.gif)
>>
>> Wouldn't it be cool to have a database where we all register with our
>> home coordinates, so the globe would also feature a kind of
>> gnome-user distribution map?
>>
>> -Beat
>	Itīs nice.
>	If it get done I will register myself.
>	Other interesting information will be: country, first and second
>language, machine, O.S., and so on.
>	Perhaps that information is not useful in you aplication but could be
>used to get a gnome user profile.

I'm not a GNOME developer, but I can see some security issues here. If you
know that your name is Ahbil Kmnatna, and your machine runs the Linux
kernel 2.0.34, and I know about your country, I could look for you... In
some time I will found you, and I can crack your machine...

Just a serious thought...

--
Arturo Tena <arturo@Directmail.org>      http://arturo.Directmail.org/
PUBLIC KEY (PGP/RSA):               'finger cbtsra0@andromeda.ulsa.mx'