Re: GNOME & KOM/OP (fwd)

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:26:46 -0400, Daniel.Veillard@w3.org <DanielVeillard>
wrote:

>  Yep, I'm online, and following the debate.
>I'm still working on improving the XML parser a lot.
>I definitely want to provide a DOM interface on top of it.
>The only question I would really like to get an answer is
>"Is OLE2 document format independant ?". I hope so, I would
>be interested in getting a pointer to a fast and clean explanation
>of OLE2 document model so that I can make up my mind w.r.t. the easy
>integration within the Gnome document model. I am already reading
>a lot on XML and the DOM document is rather large too so if something
>like "OLE2 explained to dummies in 20 slides" is available online
>I would definitely read it ...

http://www.microsoft.com/msdn

Take the "MSDN Library Online" link (it's free and well worth it, even if
they do ask you to register and sacrifice your firstborn to get to it).

In the Java applet on the left, descend the 'Books' subtree, and you have
the whole 'Inside OLE' book available online.

Lots of other cool info there,
-- Elliot
Do you ever just feel thankful that you know me and have access to my
dementia? Explain. Be prepared to discuss in class.