Panel Segfaults

Ever since the announcement that Panel was now using ORBit, I have not
been able to get panel (from CVS) to run.  I just tried it with the GNOME
0.25 tarballs, and I get the exact same problem.  Everything seems to be
compiling cleanly, what am I missing?

The latest attempt was:
  Redhat 5.1 system with updates
  mico-2.0.5-1998050415.i386.rpm, from the Redhat CD
  glib-1.1.2, configured, made, installed and ldconfiged
  gtk+-1.1.1, configured, made, installed and ldconfiged
  ORBit-0.2, configured, made, installed and ldconfiged
  gnome-libs-0.26, configured, made, installed and ldconfiged
  gnome-core-0.25, configured, made and installed.

When I run it, I get:
$ panel
message: Initializing CORBA for panel

** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
$

Yes, that's two lines between the message and the error, if that is
meaningful.  When I run it using gdb:
$ gdb panel
GNU gdb 4.17
[ copyright sniped ]
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/panel
message: Initializing CORBA for panel

iiop_connection_server () at connection.c:401
401         server_cnx->hostname = g_strdup(hent->h_name);
(gdb) bt
#0  iiop_connection_server () at connection.c:401
#1  0x400309ed in CORBA_ORB_init (argc=0xbfffea14, argv=0xbfffea18,
    orb_identifier=0x806a14b "mico-local-orb", ev=0x806c2ac) at orb.c:192
#2  0x8063ee1 in panel_corba_gtk_init () at orbit-glue.c:573
#3  0x804dd54 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffbf0) at main.c:183
(gdb)

This error has been the same since I started getting it (the hex number
might have changed, I didn't check).  It seems to be a CORBA problem, but
gdb mentions both Mico and ORBit, so I'm not even sure where to look for
the problem.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.  Thank you very much.

-Gleef