Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

> Do we need stuff like IDispatch etc. GUIDs? I hope at least that you
> can use CORBA/IDL.

No.  We get IDispatch for free by using CORBA.  And we will be using
the CORBA naming system so we do not need the GUIDs.

> I do think GNOME/OLE and GNOME/CORBA should have similar APIs, like COM and
> DCOM.

The Document Model (based on OLE) is just a set of interfaces.  We
just happen to use CORBA instead of COM for implementing our
interfaces.

We do not need to make any COM/DCOM differentiation at all.

> Finally, I think you are doing a great job for Linux and Gnome, and
> taking ideas even from our Redmondian friends is really good. Good
> ideas don't care who invented them! However, we should be cautious
> just to take the _good_ ideas...

Someone told me that COM was not invented by Microsoft.  I have faint
memories that he told me it was Apollo who came up with COM.

Miguel.