FreeODBC Information

Several people have asked me for more information about FreeODBC, and I
forgot to attach a URL to my last post. The homepage for the iODBC Driver
Manager is at:

  http://users.ids.net/~bjepson/freeODBC/

This page also includes pointers to the ODBC drivers for PostgreSQL, mySQL,
mSQL, Oracle, DB/2, and Solid.

Unfortunately, some of the links appear to be broken, and you might have to
dig a bit. You *can* get sources for iODBC if you try the links further
down the page.

A word of warning: I've never used this code, so I can't provide any
information about how good it is. Nonetheless, it already exists and
provides a widely-used API for accessing most of the major Linux databases.

The most recent changes to the web page were made in March, and a mailing
list is available.

Cheers,
Eric