Re: GNOME & KOM/OP

> > From the gnome-0.25 release announcement:
> >
> > * Expect a first preview of the GNOME component model to be
> >   available in about a month.
>
> Wouldn't it be great if the GNOME component model would be something
> compatible to or a port of KOM (and later perhaps OpenParts)?
>
> This would allow great possibilities of interaction between KDE &
> Gnome in the future. Interoperability is, when you can embed a Gnome
> spreadsheet in KPresenter, or use a KDE spreadsheet object in
> GOffice.
>
> And it would allow that you have plugins that do for instance wave
> processing, that could be shared between kwave and audiotechque, a
> thing that would in the long run avoid much work.

I can't see why not for technical reasons. It would be a shame if we
ended up with two different, incompatible object component models on
the same desktop.

Or is there some _technical_ reason why this would be impractical?

Julian
| Julian Regel: julian@white-tower.demon.co.uk |
|     http://www.white-tower.demon.co.uk/      |