Re: library problems w/ RH5.1

Brian Lalor <blalor@hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu> writes:

> I'm
> getting all sorts of problems with libraries, specifically libgdk
> (undefined reference to 'gdk_imlib_best_color_get' from libgnomeui.so) and
> gtk (/usr/lib/libgtk.so.1: undefined symbol: g_strdelimit).

Get gtk+-1.0.5 from ftp://s9412a.steinan.ntnu.no/pub/gimp/

I had to do some tricks while building (something went wrong when Red
Hat linked their apps - I've no idea of what. Now, by linking libgtk
to libgdk and libglib, and libgdk to libglib, the problem is
solved. libtool used to do this automatically some time ago,
unfortunately it has stopped (which I think is rather bad). )

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød