ANNOUNCE: GnomeDictionary (was: Do not use gettext)

Hi,

On a related topic, I am currently working on
GnomeDictionary, a gnome front-end to the Dict dictionary servers
from www.dict.org.

I have packaged up the dict servers and some dictionaries as
RPMS (easy to install), and will put GnomeDict and the dictionaries
on an ftp site as soon as I get my phone line fixed (I can't
ftp through the firewall at work). There are some screenshots
attached. Please mail me for details (and sources, at the moment).
I could also include it in the CVS tree - I can mail the sources.

GnomeDict is designed as a widget to be launched via CORBA from
a word processor etc; I have a stand-alone app for testing it out
as well.

There is also a non-GUI backend for serving the dictionary.

This could be the server that Karl was describing (though I agree
with francois on this one..)

-- Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry <alastair.mckinstry@digital.com>,
High Performance Technical Computing, Compaq Computer Corp., Galway,

GIF image

GIF image