Re: Aorta / Addressbook

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> The Gnoemecal and Gnomecard programs will definitely get a CORBA
> interface in the future.  I will look at the IDL stuff that was
> written for Aorta to see if we can reuse anything from it.
>
> I may look into integrating the calendar/addressbook into one program;
> hopefully this would be done via CORBA.  It would be useful, for
> example, to be able to say "notify me on such and such date because I
> have to call such and such people".

IMHO it would be good if we could get these to work with M$
Outlook/Exchange. Grumblings about M$ aside, the time/contact management
stuff in these packages is quite good.

>From looking at how Outlook sends contacts and appointments - it seems to
by just standard email with some 'magic' extra headers. A hook in Balsa or
a rule in procmail could parse these and communicate with the addressbook
and calendar.

Regards,
Damien Miller