gtk 1.1 problem.

A lot of the configure scripts that used to run under 1.0 are failing
under the gtk 1.1.  Mostly it barfs on the gtk_minor_version and
gtk_major_versions, it complains that it's undeclared.  Now the definition
of these functions are in <gtk/gtkmain.h> however including the file into
conftest.c (which configure creates while checking) doesn't seem to work,
and still gives me an error.  Does anybody know what I should do to patch
configure.in to detect gtk 1.1 properly?  Also has gtk 1.1 changed so much
that a lot of the gnome apps will break?  Otherwise, I'll go back to the
1.0 gtk.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-645-4868    \|/