Re: Memory Issues with gtk, gnome panel, etc

Robert Soros <bobsoros@yahoo.com> writes:

> 	Why is this happening, is it gtk ? is it some gnome app in
> particular, like the panel, applets, etc?

I can make this happen with panel.

1. start X with panel (applets: 2 loads, mail&time, fd&cd mounts
   nothing fancy)
2. let system run for some time, just wait
3. X grows from ~8-12M -> 40M or more
4. shutdown panel
5. X is back to normal and system seems to be working ok

X is running with 16bpp 1152x864, XF86_SVGA, from redhat 5.1
gnome, gtk+Žare from cvs week and a half ago.

Sorry can't test this with current cvs version, I'm away from the
machine. If I remember correctly, gnome 0.20 didn't act like this
(sorry can't test this now).

--
//Markus