Re: Memory Issues with gtk, gnome panel, etc

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Eric Kidd wrote:

> So, this doesn't seem to be a Gnome problem, although Gnome might make it
> worse. The adventurous can work around this problem by running a
> beta-release window manager which crashes every few days, preventing memory
> leaks from getting too large. =)

Mine is sometimes blowing up over 100 megs in only a few hours.  FWIW I
just discovered that gtcd seems to cause this reliably. If it's running
the X server's size steadily increases. So whatever it asks the X server
to do is what the X server doesn't do properly.

I'm going to try not running gtcd and see if the problem goes away.

Havoc