RE: panel question/idea

	Just a point, and I think that someone made a similar comment late
last week or early this week: One of the nicest UIs I worked with was OS/2's
Workplace shell. It was consistent, left-click was interact with the
icon/menu/object, and right-click was essentially an object menu. It allowed
control over the object, no matter what it was. Since the workplace shell
was OO, you could extend/replace an object, and all other objects inherited
from that. (i.e.: add security options to menus/icons, etc.)

	Anyway, my point was consistency. At any point you can right-click
on something and expect a menu of options. Win9x/WinNT's UI is not only not
OO, but it's not consistent. Some objects have a right-click menu, others do
not.

	I believe that it would be a good idea, especially for those that
would be using GNOME coming from other OSes, to be consistent. Keep those
applets that left-click for interaction, but make the right-click an
applet-menu. That way you could invoke configuration options, about options,
define left-click actions, etc.

	Of course that's my US$0.02, and I'm not familiar enough with the
code (yet) to look into making any changes.

	-j