Re: Buttons in panel menus.

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Joachim Schlesener wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Christopher Curtis wrote:
>
> > This is actually a good idea.  I think that subtle dnd hints could be
> > given in the form of "tear-away" bars where appropriate.  It would
> > probably also be good for handicap access if the dnd option could be made
> > single-clickable.  Maybe make it look like something sticky.  Hmm.
>
> I would highly apreciate, if double-clicking could be avoided at all, or
> at least there could always be an single-click alternative, maybe with the
> third (middle) mouse-button. Maybe I'm not the only one (?).

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I originally wrote that: OS/2 has a
very workable method that Gnome may want to share: Right clicking brings
up a context-sensitive menu, one item of which is "Pick Up".  The cursor
then changed to something different (I forget what, exactly, but something
like an arrow pointing to a target might be good) and you could right
click on another object and select "Drop".  A banded arrow may be good for
non-droppable targets, or an arrow pointing to an "X".  Not too sure...

--
Christopher Curtis               - http://www.ee.fit.edu/users/ccurtis
Florida Institute of Technology  - System Administrator, Programmer