Re: Menubars

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Dewit Gert wrote:

> Ben 'The Con Man' Kahn wrote:
>
> >         I've been playing around with Gnome for a while, and while I
> > haven't had any time to actually do any work yet, I do have a request.  Is
> > it possible to add tear off menus, not just tear off menu bars to gnome?
>
> They are allready there, take a look at
> http://www.gnome.org/devel/start/menus.shtml

	Um... No.  Those are tear off menu BARS.  I'm not interested in
that.  (In fact, I've never had an occasion when tear off menu bars were
useful...  But that's just me..)  I'm interested in tear off MENUS.  This
is where you can actually disconnect the File menu from the menu bar and
it becomes its own window.  This would be useful for LOTs of things...
Imagine ee for example, if you could keep the floating menu on the
desktop....

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.