Re: GNOME in the press

Hi

I know, this is the worst way to do my entry on the list but ...

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Martin Baulig wrote:
> Some weeks ago, I asked the German magazine ct whether they could report
> about the license problems with Qt and about the GNOME project - but they
> did not yet reply - seems they are not interested.
>
> So it'll really be time to make some publicity especially here in Germany.
> It's time to tell the people that Qt/KDE is bad and *why* it is. At the
> moment, GNOME is not yet very useful for end users, but GNOME makes great
> steps in development - and it's time to tell the public about that.

This sure will help. I bet many people would throw away linux
altogether just and ONLY because such a lame PR tentative

> These magazines should really start telling more about the spirit of
> GNU/Linux - about the GNU license - and that there are a lot of people
> working hard on making Linux what it is like. People should know that what
> they see is the result of a long and hard work - and that there are still
> people working on it ...

Yes, the KDE developers took it for granted, without any work (at least
that's what I could read if I were to be malicious).

> Martin
>    Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
>
>    baulig@castor.uni-trier.de, http://www.home-of-linux.org/
>    Key: 1024-bit key with ID C8178435 created 1997/01/24
>    ID:  67 C1 84 A0 47 F5 11 C5  5F 68 4C 84 99 05 C3 92
>    Finger me for public key or fetch finger.txt from the url above

Peace, man!

				Cristian