Re: Icons of program

Il 26-Apr-98, Tom Tromey ha scritto:
>Congratulations!  You've found one of the few OS-level features where
>NT genuinely beats Unix.
>On NT you can watch a directory tree for changes.  Programs like
>Explorer (or whatever the file manager is called) do this so they can
>react even when you change the file system from the command line.
>Cool stuff (though, predictably, the Win32 API for this is a botch).
>On Unix all you can do is poll -- lose, lose.
I would be so easy to add such a feature to Linux.
Just insert a patch in the ext2 to signal an application when a directory is
changed.
AmigaOs, which is a cut-down mono-user version of Unix (with some magic in the
direcotry trees) has this  good feature put in the fs.
/ Redaelli Paolo EMail: redaelli@inc.it | Known as Tybor on #Amiga, \
| POV-Team Amiga                        | #AmIrc and #AmigaIta      |
| Fantasy home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/4950     |