Re: Getting started with is too hard.

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 01:33:40PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> Where can I find aclocal for my Debian 1.3.1?

Debian ships so called Content files together with their distribution.

kuolema!root(ttyp1):/tmp/debian# zgrep aclocal /home/ftp/debian/bo/Contents.gz
usr/share/aclocal/                                           devel/libtool
usr/share/aclocal/guile.m4                                   interpreters/guile-dev
usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4                                 devel/libtool
usr/share/aclocal/threads.m4                                 interpreters/guile-dev
usr/share/automake/aclocal.m4                                devel/automake

So I think you'll need automake.

As there were lots of changes and some Gnome apps are already
packaged for hamm - which will be released during the next
two months - I suppose you try to upgrade.  You may use a
script to to that:  http://taz.net.au/autoup/ .

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!   /