Re: Icons of program

Hi,

I am afraid this is a very *dangerous* idea.
what happens if I set an icon for... a TEXT file, and then I write
something more on it?
Almost everything changes: size, "signature"... and don't forget I could
also rename it...

Merc.

>What about storing the Icons in some kind of database ?
>You could store filename + size + some bytes or so ... (something to
>identify
.the program / picture / whatever)

>pros:
>- you don't have 100's of files in your home-dir
>- you could move the files, without loosing the icon
>- you could easily compile icon packages, with some standart icons >...
>cons:
>- you must program the database :)
>- you need to build some tools for in/output
Tony Merc Mobily, technical editor of "Dev." and "Login".
Technical Writer
Edizioni Infomedia   : ++39-587-737460
Personal Phone Number: ++61-2-91301863 <--- CHANGED!!
Currently located in: SYDNEY, Australia (+10 hours GMT!)
mobily@infomedia.it