Re: (mildly off-topic)

On Sat, 18 Apr 1998, a dream once broken wrote:

> Well, does anyone else think this would be a great little app to have
> available as a seperate app, maybe even a panel applet? That sort of thing has
> been available in Macos for a while, and would seem to me to be really useful
> in some situations - one being you distribute little wrappers with your apps
> that people run/double click in order to go to the docs web page, etc...

	Netscape has (long ago) published the source code for such an
application called remote.c.  You can get it from their web site, although
I'm not sure where it is.  If you want, I can send the file to anyone who
wants it.  (It's just a simple command line utility for sending signals to
the top netscape window.)
						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.