(mildly off-topic)

Does anyone know how the GIMP tells Netscape to go to a web page without
spawning a new netscape process or even another window?

(oops, I just found the web page describing it)

Well, does anyone else think this would be a great little app to have
available as a seperate app, maybe even a panel applet? That sort of thing has
been available in Macos for a while, and would seem to me to be really useful
in some situations - one being you distribute little wrappers with your apps
that people run/double click in order to go to the docs web page, etc...

-chuck

Charles Hagenbuch   | http://osmos.ml.org
chuck@osmos.ml.org  | "i love how you can make silly putty