Re: rpms

    fractture> I notice that on the getting started area, it directs
    fractture> you directly to rpms, not only that, but RH5 rpms, wich
    fractture> will not run on slackware.  This doesn't seem like the
    fractture> best of plans.

The RPMs are only one of the ways of tackling the complexity of
getting started with GNOME.  They do make it quite easy, so we mention
them.

But the real method is to go to the source, via the anonymous CVS
repository.  That should work for all linux distributions.

Which reminds me to ask: how many architectures does the essential
GNOME run on?