Re: An alternative to MDI / new WM feature ?

On 10 Apr 1998, Alan Shutko wrote:

> J> On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 06:08:44PM +0000, Jens Ch. Restemeier
> J> wrote:
> >> There's another WM / X related thing I wanted to ask for some time:
> >> Multiple monitor support.
>
> J> It's already supported, at least by some X servers.
>
> Can you pick up a window and move it to another screen?  If not, it's
> still not supported.

This is one thing that X11R6.4 fixes. With Xinerama (or whatever they
called it) you can have one large screen spanning many monitors rather
than having one screen per monitor.

Per Lewau (perle@lysator.liu.se)Student of Computer Science at the
				University of Linkoping,
				Sweden.
"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"
						- Hobbes