Re: Guile apps

On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 02:25:35PM +0200, Miroslav Silovic wrote:
> Nuno Ferreira <nmrf@rnl.ist.utl.pt> writes:
>
> >  Well, first I have to tell you that I've never seen a line in Scheme before
> > yestarday but I know quite a bit of Common Lisp so I tought I give it a try
> > and from what I've seen Scheme's quite easy to undestand but ...
> > How the hell do I make a gnome app? I tried this...
>
> Okay, I still haven't worked with gnome apps, but I have quite some
> experience with Scheme and with Guile extensions. In Guile, use
>
> (apropos "gdk")
> (apropos "gtk")
> (apropos "gnome")
>
> to dump the procedure names you have.

 Well, it complained about apropos too so I got the latest guile snapshot
and everything is fine now.
 I was using guile1.2 from debian frozen, so it should work, shouldn't it?
Maybe I should send a bug to Debian. Wasn't the maintainer of Debian guile
someone from this list ? Could someone using Debian check if it works? If it
doesn't I will send a bug report but I don't really know what was  wrong
because things like (+ 1 3) or (define (foo) ...) were working but apropos
was not.

--
Nuno Ferreira
nmrf@rnl.ist.utl.pt