Re: opening Gnome to multiple (windowing) systems
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel nuclecu unam mx>
- To: emily cornholio new ox ac uk
- CC: sopwith cuc edu, Bertrand Guiheneuf inria fr, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: opening Gnome to multiple (windowing) systems
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:29:53 -0500
> Of course comments like this are one reason why most of the C++
> GUI developers are working on KDE rather than Gnome ;)
We are not interested in C++ GUI developers. We are interested in
programmers that care about freedom. Read my previous posting.
C++ has got a lot of press attention, just like Windows95 and Java.
C++ happens to have picked up a great name for the language, but it
has a bunch of problems and you would probably be better using
something else. Anyways, mass-media has more power than we want to
I used to be a Windows C++ programmer. I have seen the light :-)
] [Thread Prev